October 1, 2020
Dear Church Family:
God is at work in Mt Bethel Church even in the midst of a worldwide pandemic! The Gospel message of Hope and Love is being proclaimed through our church to our community and beyond through our live stream Facebook worship services, disciples are being made, and lives are being transformed through our fellowship. You are a direct part of this work of God by the stewardship of your time, talents and treasures. Thank you for serving! Thank you for giving! Thank you for caring…even in the midst of these challenging and difficult times! The Covid-19 crisis has shown that Mt Bethel Church is a congregation of tough resilient People of Faith!
In 2021 and beyond we want to continue and expand our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Our church leadership has embraced a Strategic Plan for 2021 that focuses on: Staying Connected as a Church to Survive ~ Thrive ~ and Multiply in 2021
We will Stay Connected in 2021 by:
1. Continuing to safely gather for worship on Sunday morning outside and safely moving into our Church Sanctuary by October 2020 for indoor worship;
2. Continue and expand our Zoom Prayer Meetings;
3. Continue and expand our Zoom Bible Studies;
4. Starting a Phone Connection Ministry that will contact everyone in our church at least once per month by phone;
5. Starting a Letter/Note of Encouragement Ministry to send a personal note to everyone in our church at least once per month.
We can Multiply in 2021 by:
1. Working closely with the Learning Garden Day Care Center;
2. By installing a New Sign on 70th street that will be a beautiful full color message board announcing the ministries of Mt Bethel Church and of the Learning Garden Day Care Center to our community;
3. Continuing to reach out to new residents in our community by sending letters and information and inviting them to join our church family at Mt Bethel. Together as a Church we can do this!!! We can … Stay Connected to Survive ~ Thrive ~ and Multiply in 2021!
October 2020 is Stewardship Month at Mt Bethel United Methodist Church. Pastor David will be preaching two messages on Stewardship on Sunday, October 11 & 18. The focus will be on Living and Giving by Faith.
We are asking you to prayerfully consider your commitment to our church for the coming year and to use the enclosed 2021 Annual Pledge Campaign card to indicate your financial commitment. You may turn it into the church office, mail it back or place it in the offering basket on Sunday morning. We are asking that all the stewardship pledge cards be returned to the church by Sunday, October 25. Also, we are asking for everyone to turn in a pledge card, even if you prefer to remain anonymous and not include your name on the card. If you consider Mt Bethel to be your Church we need to hear from you! Also, the Pledge Cards are an essential ingredient for Linda Emerson and the Finance Team to put together our Church Budget for 2021.
We are asking you to take a step of faith and to move to the next level in your financial stewardship. If you have never given before please consider making a pledge for 2021. If you have been a proportional giver consider becoming a tither and give 10% of your income to the ministries of Mt Bethel Church. If you have been a regular tither consider taking another step of faith and ask God what he would have you pledge for 2021. The Church Leadership is asking for 100% involvement by our congregation (those who consider Mt Bethel their church), to our Stewardship Campaign 2021. Not everyone will give the same amount, but we are asking for everyone (100% of our church) to prayerfully consider their pledge and then to step out in faith, fill out and turn in a Pledge Card and become an active part of what God is doing through Mt Bethel UMC.
This is not so much about the church as it is about you. It is an opportunity for you to grow in your faith by making a choice to give a gift that can make a difference. It is an invitation to discover the meaning of the words of Jesus, “It is more blessed to give than receive” Acts 20:35. May God bless you with a Joyful Giving Heart!
Rev. David Johnston, Pastor Linda Emerson, Finance Team Chair
Pastor David R. Johnston ~ PastorDave@MtBethelChurchIGH.org ~ 763-439-6838